Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 15, Thursday 28th Feb. Wudinna to Wirulla

Day 15

Thursday 28th Feb

Wudinna to Wirulla

122.3km

 

We decided to get up a bit earlier, and start altering our body clocks to get our ride done early in the day, and then we have more time in the day to get other things done. We hit the bakery for some breaky, and off on the road.

A fairly fast day on the bike, with a good easterly wind behind us. It feels good to make some fast kms on the bike. You wouldn’t think it, but the hills were quite full on, and I felt quite tired turning up to Wirrulla. My knee was felling good, but I started noticing it in certain parts of the trip. During the ride we had our first flat tyre for the trip. By back tyre had a slow leak, so I had to change it over, and at the same time I noticed that I had a broken spoke also on the rear wheel.

It felt like its beginning to become the On Ya Bike Aussie Pub Crawl. We rocked up t Wirrulla, and headed to the pub. There’s not much else around really, apart from a pier in the middle of no where, and a golf course. Unfortunately that day there was funeral in town, so the pub was due to be quite busy.

The lady at the bar gave me some ice for my knee and I iced it up to keep the inflammation controlled. A good shower, a feed, and some phone calls to loved ones, and off to bed for another early start the next morning. The Wirrulla pub started to fire up in the middle of the night. The music was cranked and I woke up wondering what was going on. But all good, back to sleep.

No comments: