Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 2, Friday 15th Feb. Winchelsea to Warrnambool

Day 2

Friday 15th Feb

Winchelsea to Warrnambool

153.32kms

 

“Time to get up, the time is 7:30am”

The alarm rudely interrupted sleep at about 7:30am. A couple of quick showers, and off for some brekkie. For some reason Harv’s omelette took 30mins more than mine, so we didn’t get on the road until about 9 or 9:30.

The sun was hot, our bums we’re sore, and sleep deprivation was growing. IT proved to be a long day as expected, and we made it to Warrnambool after 8 and a half hours on the bike. We were both buggered and this was my first experience for the trip playing a show, whilst feeling like I’m asleep. I was now noticing some numbness in my left hand from long hours on the bike and it was starting to worry me. My hand was feeling week, and it was getting harder to play certain things on the guitar.

The gig went down surprisingly good, and once again thanks to Tom Milekovic, and Laura and Tim Smock for playing some tunes also. Cheers also to the Loft for having me.

Sleep came easy.

No comments: