Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 3, Saturday 16th Feb . Warrnambool to Portland

Day 3

Sat 16th Feb

Warrnambool to Portland

105.3kms

 

Bring on the sunscreen

A 9 am start to the day with a quick Bakery breakfast. The sun was firing once again but the day seemed shorter. We soaked ourselves in sunscreen, drank plenty of water and Gatorade, and headed for the Mac’s Hotel in Portland. We met my mate Simo along the way who kindly offered beers once again. Into Portland we started to notice a couple of hills and cheers to the lady who stopped her car to tell me that $20 had blown out of my pocket!

We had a ripper steak for dinner at the Mac’s, the bar was packed and playing was awesome fun. I whipped out a few extra jams and things that I hadn’t played before I was enjoying it so much.

Now the lack of sleep was catching up. We had been riding 8 hour days on the bike with 5 hours sleep under our belts. This could only work for so long. Sleep was so good that night but I didn’t get enough of it once again.

Cheers to the Hunt family for letting us stay. And thanks to Simo for lending us the PA system.

No comments: